Firefighters attending a drill night at Sidmouth Fire Station ended up tackling a real fire.
The station’s light rescue pump answered the call when a report came through that a vehicle was on fire outside a shop in High Street.
Further information revealed a diesel van had its accelerator stuck in the on position.
Writing on social media last night, a station representative said: “On arrival the crew saw the vehicle and the fumes and, while setting up safety systems, the fuel in the van ran out.
“Unfortunately, due to the location of the vehicle, one of the High Street stores was filled with diesel fumes.”
A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the fumes.
Videos by kind permission of Kieran Wilkes.