Fire crews from Danes Castle and Middlemoor have this morning been dealing with a fire in a first floor flat in Exeter.
The blaze, reported at 7.26am, was at a property in Powderham Crescent.
A duty officer attended the incident to support fire crews. In total three fire appliances were sent to the scene.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival, the incident commander confirmed a fire in the first floor flat. Two firefighters donned breathing apparatus and extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet.
“The incident commander confirmed three square metres was damaged by fire and twenty five square metres was damaged by smoke and heat.”
Crews cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.