Horse led to safety after fire breaks out in transit vehicle

Firefighters from two stations have this afternoon (September 28) been dealing with a fire in a horse box. The blaze happened as a horse was being transported.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the animal was led to safety before firefighters arrived.

Reported at 4.42pm, the location of the fire was a road past Winslade Manor on the Exmouth Road, Clyst St Mary.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “Fire appliances from Middlemoor and Topsham were mobilised to a report of a horse box on fire.

“On arrival at the incident, fire crews reported a small fire involving the brakes of the horse box. The horse had been removed prior to the arrival of fire crews.”

The fire was extinguished using one hose reel jet.

Budleigh Salterton Carnival cancelled over weather concerns

About Author