Budleigh Salterton’s Hub is hosting a Let’s Talk About Cancer event on Friday, October 4, with help and advice on how to live well with the disease.
Book your place now at the free event, at Budleigh Hub, in East Budleigh Road.
The day of information, advice and action aims to answer questions on prevention, living with cancer, and life after treatment.
There will be free tea, coffee and cake throughout the day, from 10am until 4pm.
The days starts at 10.30am with a talk on relaxation and anxiety management, by Emma Ellis, oncology specialist at FORCE Cancer charity.
From 11.30am Cathy Redman, oncology dietician at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (RD&E), will discuss diet and nutrition during and after cancer.
Major Latham, from the Royal Marines, at 1.30pm, will share the personal story of his prostate cancer diagnosis, and treatment.
There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions after each presentation.
Throughout the day there will be advice and information from Macmillan Cancer Support, FORCE Cancer charity, RD&E clinical nurses and therapists from the Living Beyond Cancer team, Budleigh Salterton and District Hospiscare, Devon Carers, Home Instead, plus benefits advice.
Activities include teaming up with Macmillan Cancer Support, sharing cancer experiences and stories, writing on a graffiti wall.
On the day there will be help and advice with:
- Exercise and cancer: Visitors are invited to see the Budleigh Hub gym and find out the health benefits.
- Walking for health: Join a regular Walking with Cancer group. Try a taster session on the day, meet at 11.30am in the Hub carpark.
- Because Bras: A discreet service offering post-surgery lingerie fitting at home.
- Hypno-oncology: Advice and information on how hypnotherapy may help.
- Complimentary facial or foot soak: Visit Dianne in room 26 for the pamper treatments.
To book your place, call the Budleigh Hub, on 01395 446896.
Help may be available for those needing transport.