Fire crews from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis, together with an aerial platform from Danes Castle, have this morning (August 25) tackled a kitchen fire in Kilmington.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service says it received a call reporting the fire at 11.34am.
A duty officer was asked to attend the incident to co-ordinate the crews’ response.
The fire was found to be located in an oven and two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and two carbon dioxide extinguishers were used to extinguish the blaze.
A fire service spokesperson said: “The fire was promptly extinguished and the crews got to work ventilating the property and carrying out internal and external checks of the property using thermal imaging cameras.
“The oven involved in fire was forty percent damaged by the fire and the kitchen was ten percent smoke damaged.”
The cause of the blaze is believed to be an accidental.