Elderly woman treated for smoke inhalation as shed is destroyed in Sidmouth fire

An elderly woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire destroyed a wooden shed and garage in Sidmouth.

Firefighters were called to Northmostown at around 12.55pm today (Thursday, August 22) after receiving reports of a hedge blaze.

Crews from the town donned breathing apparatus and tackled the flames – which completely destroyed the wooden garage and a shed structures.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “One elderly female was suffering from smoke inhalation and crews administered oxygen therapy until the arrival of the ambulance.

The elderly female was treated by paramedics at scene.

The cause of the shed are in Sidmouth was accidental, said the fire service.

‘Exceptional year’ for GCSE results at Sidmouth College

About Author