Flat fire ‘accidental’ and confined to lounge bin

Firefighters have this morning (August 19) tackled a fire in a domestic flat in Exeter.

Two crews, one from Danes Castle and one from Middlemoor, responded to a report of a fire in the lounge of a property in Bampfylde Street.

The incident was reported shortly after 6am.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service says the fire was ‘small’ and confined to a bin,.

It was extinguished using ‘buckets of water’.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: “There was slight smoke logging to the property but no fire damage.”

The cause of the fire has been determined as accidental.

PHOTOS & VIDEO: Fairy good show! Music and magic at Beautiful Days 2019

 

About Author