An arsonist stuffed waste paper into a toilet bowl in Exmouth and deliberately set it alight.
That is what Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service says after it sent two crews to put out the blaze in a toilet block in Jarvis Close.
The fire was reported at 6.11pm tonight (August 7).
Firefighters from Exmouth located the blaze in a single storey toilet block measuring 10m by 5m.
A spokesperson said: “The fire involved waste paper that that been put into the toilet bowl.”
The fire was extinguished using one hose reel jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke.
Significant damage was caused to the toilet bowl and the rest of the cubicle was severely damaged by smoke.