Hedge fire destroys shed and chicken coop

Firefighters from Ottery St Mary attended a blaze at Metcombe, Tipton St John, this morning after a hedge fire spread to a shed.
A chicken coop was also engulfed in flames.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the shed and chicken coop were in a garden and destroyed by the blaze, which was reported at 10.44am.
A spokesperson said: “One fire appliance from Ottery St Mary attended a fire involving a hedgerow which spread to a shed in the garden. On arrival crews got to work extinguishing the fire using one hose reel jet and compressed air foam.

“Once extinguished, crews stated the fire also involved a chicken coop. This, the shed and hedge were destroyed by the fire. The cause was deemed as accidental ignition.”

About Author