Exmouth firefighters put out pensioner microwave meal fire

Firefighters made a teatime call to a pensioner’s flat in Withycombe Raleigh to put out a microwave fire.

The Exmouth crew responded to sheltered home, Dening Court, in Withycombe Village Road, shortly after 5pm on

Wednesday, July 3, after the fire service was alerted to the fire by a pensioner careline.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “A careline called to say an alarm was sounding.

“The crew found a fire in the microwave involving food.

“The fire was quickly extinguished and the heavily smoke-logged flat ventilated naturally.”

About Author