Firefighters tackle electrical fire in Exmouth town centre

Firefighters were called to Exmouth town centre on Sunday afternoon, June 30, after smoke was seen in the communal hallway of a shop.

Crews from Exmouth, Topsham, Middlemoor and an aerial appliance team from Danes Castle, Exeter, tackled a fire in an electrical cupboard at a retail property in The Strand shortly after 4pm.

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the property was damaged by smoke, and the cupboard by fire.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus, used carbon dioxide extinguishers to extinguish the flames, and thermal imaging cameras to check the area was fire-free.

About Author