Garage fire in Budleigh Salterton was accidental

Fire crews say fire was accidental due to tumble dryer

Firefighters said a blaze that broke out in a garage in Budleigh Salterton was accidental, putting it down to a tumble dryer.

Fire crews from Exmouth and Budleigh were called to Redhills at around 3.30pm on Tuesday, May 28, where smoke was seen coming from a garage.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus while tackling the blaze with a hose reel jet.
After the fire was extinguished, crews used a ventilation fan to clear smoke from the garage.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The cause was deemed to be accidental due to a tumble dryer. Duty of care was left with the owners.”

About Author